Windows 10 October 2018 Update (Model 1809) is formally Released on October 2.
It is the sixth main refresh releasing to well-matched devices, and it’s an incremental update that introduces many new aspects and a lot of enhancements to make customers extra productive and impenetrable on an online world.
In model 1809, you can anticipate new elements such as a new clipboard experience that syncs throughout devices, Screen Sketch tool to take screenshots, and Your Phone app to join your cell phone with your computer.
Also, you’ll find other features like Typing insights, SwiftKey, and Windows HD Color, as correctly as layout tweaks, which includes a dark theme for File Explorer and Fluent Design touches, and a lot more.
The new version will start rolling out slowly, and similar to the previous release, Microsoft is expected to use AI to deliver the Windows 10 October 2018 Update more reliably. It solely means that no every gadget will get updated at the identical time.
Compatible gadgets will get it first, and then after the replacement has been validated to be more stable, Microsoft will make it available to other devices.
In this Windows 10 guide, we are going to walk you through the three recommended ways to install the October 2018 Update on your desktop, laptop, or tablet.
Warning: it’s usually recommended to create a full backup of your device earlier than proceeding, in case something surprising takes place and you need to return to the past version.
How to install the October 2018 Update with Windows Update
While it’s encouraged to wait until you get hold of a notification automatically indicating that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update has been prepared for your computer, you can pressure the improve the use of Windows Update as soon as it becomes available.
(Of course, as long as Microsoft isn’t purposely blocking the update due to the fact it’s no longer compatible with your hardware.)
To use Windows Update to force the download of version 1809, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update Security.
- Again click on Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- Click the Restart Now button after the update has gets downloaded on your device.
Once you have performed the steps, the new characteristic replace will download and deploy the usage of the same process as cumulative updates, however, this time, it’s going to take a lot longer to apply. (Usually, the improvement process takes around 20 minutes relying on your hardware configuration.)
How to install the October 2018 Update with Media Creation Tool
If your system is not seeing the new model using Windows Update, and you comprehend it is well suited with your hardware configuration, you can perform an in-place improve Windows 10 with all the new features and improvements manually the use of the Media Creation Tool.
When the tool gets updated to improve units to model 1809, you can download and install the October 2018 Update using these steps:
- Open this Microsoft assist website in your web browser.
- Click the Download device now button.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file to begin the upgrade process.
- Click the Accept button and agree to the Microsoft terms.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
- Click the Accept button one extra time to agree to the observe and license terms.
- Confirm that the Keep non-public files and apps option is selected. (If the alternative is not selected, click the Change what to maintain a hyperlink to choose the right choice to keep your files, settings, and apps after the upgrade.)
- Click the Install button.
After finishing the steps, the Media Creation Tool will commence installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on your machine keeping your settings, apps, and data.
If you’re having problems putting in the new version, you must use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable setup, which you can use to function a clean installation of Windows 10 with the new update.
How to install the October 2018 Update with Update Assistant
Alternatively, if your gadget is entirely compatible, however, you’re having issues with Windows Updates or the Media Creation Tool, you can try using the Update Assistant tool.
To upgrade your gadget to the present day model of Windows 10 using the Update Assistant, use these steps:
- Open this Microsoft guide internet site in your net browser.
- Click the Update now button.
- Double-click the Windows10 Upgrade file to begin the tool.
- Click the Update Now button.
- After the tool confirm that your hardware is compatible, click on the Next button.
- Click the Restart Now button.
Once you have completed the steps, the Update Assistant equipment will download the documents to upgrade your units barring affecting your app files, or settings on a manner that ought to take up to an hour depending on your hardware configuration and network connection speed.